Stress negatively influences our bodies. It creates difficulties in falling asleep and relaxing. We are in the constricted state or flight and fight. Long lasting stress creates anxiety, depression and other illnesses. That’s why it is very advised everyday to relief all day’s the tension before going to bed.
Why not create evening ritual of relaxation with aromatic, herbal bath for stress relief? What a splendid idea! Not only your Body will relax but your Mind will unwind and get prepared for letting go all of the thought and cares.
First you have to remember not to make the bath water too hot, around 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit).
Find 20-30 min just for yourself.
I like to bring my relaxing spa music.
I like to light up a candle.
Herbal bath for stress relief ideas:
- bath with lavender: Take handful of Lavender and make a herbal Tea – by pouring the boiling water and letting it steep for 15 minutes, then pour into the bath tub water. You can also add few drops of Lavender Essential Oil.
- bath with milk and Lemon Balm for relaxing senses. Heat up half gallon of milk and prepare herbal tea made out of 5 Lemon Balm tea bags or handful of dry herb. Pour it into the bath tub.
- bath with Hops, Chamomile and Mint. Take handful of each herb and make a herbal Tea, pour it to the bath tub. It impacts our relaxation.
- bath with Chamomile. Prepare tea from chamomile, let it steep for 15-20 minute. This bath is anti inflammatory and strengthening.
- bath with hay – yes hay! haha! Put hay in the big pot cover with water and boil it for 20 minutes. This bath is great for rheumatism, low energy, weakness.
- bath with Valerian Root. Take a handful of the herb, cover with water and boil for 15 min. This bath is recommended for anxiety and nervousness.
- bath with Orange and Lavender Essential Oil. If I don’t have much time for preparing the bath tube – this is my on the go ritual!
- bath with Aromatherapy Oils from heart and Soul Rituals.
Remember when taking herbal bath for stress relief that your heart is above the water and your kidneys submerged in the water. After the bath use your favorite Oil and make your skin to smell divine. I often use Midnight Travels Aromatherapy Oil because it contains lavender and Peppermint – both preparing the Mind and Body for rest. Taking 20-30 min. bath is very meditative.
Let me know which one works for you the most?